I am sitting here in seat 1A on my flight from PHL to MCO, traveling with my iPad for the first time. I have always like the fact that on an airplane, I am disconnected from the web, the cloud, and from the distractions of my daily life. It wasn’t until today that I just realized how focused I am doing what I love, traveling at 500+mph at 37,000 feet. After enjoying a light snack, some coffee and water, and a few rounds of Angry Birds I pulled the iPad out and started cranking out some prose. I started using a daily journaling service called OhLife. It sends you a daily email that all you have to do is reply to with your entry. It also includes text of a past entry so you can see what you did a week, month, year ago. I caught up on some journal entries from the past couple of days on my daily life. I then began putting together some blog posts for The Hub Life, something I have neglected for a bit and have not gotten into a routine with. This is something I need to get better at. That being said, it has been great being able to focus without the distractions of being connected to the web and being contained in a space I have no control in where I can relax, read, listen to music, enjoy podcasts, and now write without any distractions. In my quest to live a minimalist life and to be more mindful of what I do, flying has just become that much more important factor in my life. It may be a cliche, but I find myself in a sense of calm flying above light fluffy clouds to distant destinations. Unlike most people these days who fly, it brings me much happiness and an sense of calm and decompress.
- seanPic: So excited to get my neighborhood grocery store back, reincarnated as a #WholeFoods!
- Literary England And London Trip Report: Day 4 – Stratford, Afternoon Tea, And Evening London Walk
- Literary England And London Trip Report: Day 3 – Chepstow Castle, Tinturn Abbey, And Stratford Upon Avon
- seanPic: Sunset shot of town hall in Middleboro, MA. #skyporn
- Literary England And London Trip Report: Day 2 – Driving Through English Countryside
- RT @MensHumor: Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk. 1 hour ago
- RT @pictureboston: Could this be the last photo snapped of James “Whitey” Bulger? j.mp/13TlbFu #bulger #Boston 17 hours ago
- RT @BosMagEvents: Next stop: Panama! @CopaAirlines will be starting nonstop service from @BostonLogan to Panama City. Want to fly free? htt… 17 hours ago
- RT @Zen_Moments: Every exit is an entrance somewhere else. ~ Tom Stoppard v.ht/av 18 hours ago
- RT @Zen_Moments: Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. ~ Frank Zappa v.ht/av 1 day ago